White Bean and Broccoli Soup
Cook and Prep Time: 60 minutes
· 3-4 cups Broccoli Florets and Stems, chopped
· 1 large can Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
· 1 small can Butter Beans, rinsed and drained
· 4-5 Carrots, chopped
· 1 Yellow or White Onion, chopped
· 1 head Garlic, chopped
· 2-3 Bay Leaves
· 1 cup Dry White Wine
· 4-5 cups Vegetable Broth or Water
· Olive Oil
· Salt, to taste
· Black Pepper, to taste
· 1 tbsp. Cumin
· 2 tbsp. Fenugreek Seeds
· 1 tbsp. Dried Sage
· 1 ½ cup Nut Milk or Oat Milk
· ½ tbsp. Dijon Mustard
· ½ tbsp. Tamari
· ½ tbsp. Salt
· ½ tbsp. Coconut Nectar
· 1 tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
For the Almond Crumble:
· ¼ cup Almonds
· ½ tbsp. Salt
· 2-3 tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
· ½ tbsp. Olive Oil
1. In a large pot, add 1 tbsp. olive oil and set it to medium heat. Once warm, add fenugreek seeds and toast for about 1 minute, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
2. Once fragrant, add onion and carrots. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Then, add garlic, stirring occasionally, and cook for 1 minute more. Deglaze the pan with wine, and cook until alcohol has burned off, about 3-4 more minutes.
3. Add broccoli, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then, add vegetable broth, spices, and beans. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until broccoli is soft enough to be cut with a fork.
4. Make the finish. Combine oat milk, dijon mustard, tamari, nutritional yeast, salt, and coconut nectar. Whisk to combine and set aside.
5. Make the almond crumble. Add almonds, nutritional yeast, salt, and olive oil to a food processer. Pulse until crumble as formed. Be careful to not-over pulse, or you will end up with almond butter!
6. Once the vegetables are soft in the pot, add the oat milk mixture and turn off the heat. Remove the bay leaves. Blend soup with an immersion blender. Alternatively, you can blend the soup in batches using blender. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
7. Plate the soup, and garnish with almond crumble, red pepper flakes, and fresh parsley or basil. Enjoy!