Slow Cooker Three Bean Chili-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Cook and Prep Time: 45- 60 minutes (+ 4-6 hours)
· 4 Sweet Potatoes
· 1 Yellow Onion, diced
· 1 head Garlic, chopped
· Olive Oil
· 1 small can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
· 1 small can Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
· 1 small can Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
· 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
· 1 small (15 oz.) can Diced Tomatoes
· 1 small (15 oz.) can Tomato Sauce
· 2 cups Vegetable Broth or Water
· 1 tbsp. Cumin
· 1 tbsp. Chili Powder
· 1 tbsp. Smoked Paprika
· Salt, to taste
· Black Pepper, to taste
· ¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
· 1 Lime, cut into quarters
Rinse and chop the produce accordingly. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 1 baking tray.
Add onion to skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes, until translucent. Then, add garlic, cooking for about 1 minute more, until fragrant.
Add all ingredients, except potatoes, cilantro, and lime to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
Poke holes in the potato with a fork, and add them to the baking tray. Brush with olive oil, season with salt. Bake about 45 minutes at 400°F.
Slice the potato lengthwise down the middle or as I did in the photo, use a fork to pierce the top in an oval shape, then remove the top of each potato.
Top with 1/3 cup of chili. Then, garnish with lime and cilantro. Enjoy!