Quick Vegan Chana Masala
Cook and Prep Time: 40 minutes
· 1 Red Onion, halved and cut thinly into half-moons
· 1 large can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
· 1 large can Pureed OR Diced Tomatoes
· 1 cup Vegetable Stock OR Water (add more if you want a thinner dish)
· 1 tbsp. Ground Cumin
· 1 head Garlic, minced
· 2 tbsp. Fresh Ginger, minced
· 1/2 cup Chopped Cilantro, for garnish
· 2-3 fresh green chilies, sliced with seeds (optional)
· 1 tbsp. Ground Cloves
· 1 tbsp. Coriander
· 1 tbsp. Turmeric
· Salt, to taste
· Black Pepper, to taste
· 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
1. Rinse and chop the produce accordingly.
2. Set a pot to medium heat. Once hot, add coconut oil. Once hot, add ginger, garlic, and red onion, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Cook until onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes.
3. Add chiles, and cook for 1 minute more.
4. Add tomatoes, vegetable stock, and chickpeas. Add all spices and bring mixture to a boil. Then cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until thickened, 5-6 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Serve with rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!